Our client is a rapidly growing technology firm that has earned a spot on the 2020 INC5000 list. They make big impacts in National Security and have a team of exceptional engineers. They are seeking a senior DevOps/DevSecOps Engineer to join their team.
The DHS DataHub System provides air and maritime analytic insights to end users in a near real-time manner while continuously evolving the analytics to address dynamic threats. This system augments end users by characterizing kinematic track activities and also correlating and conditioning additional information to tracks to alert end users when mission-specific characteristics are identified. With the DHS DataHub System, routine manual tasks are automated enabling the operators to focus on higher order, semantic reasoning to quickly identify threats. Our team builds and integrates the DHS DataHub system by following a software/system development plan which leverages agile methodologies and practices and engages end users early and often. This enables the team to implement a modular system that provides scalable data streaming and analytics for the enterprise.
The scope and objective of this effort is planned on DevOps and DevSecOps services that facilitate the development of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) efforts for the DHS Datahub System. In this role, the engineer will follow agile development methodologies and contribute to design, development, test, delivery and deployment of requested features and DevOps/DevSecOps work products. The engineer will also assist our team in an ongoing authorization process for Authority to Operate (ATO) and will benefit from Security+ and CISSP certifications.
The scope of this work can be completed remotely and requires consistent communication through common mediums. The Engineer will be expected to be available and responsive on slack throughout the workday, and Video Teleconferences the team prefers all participant cameras on.
Required Skills, Experience, & Expectations:
• Provide DevOps and DevSecOps support for the DHS DataHub system
• Provide system administration support of the DHS DataHub system
• Implement solutions that meet DHS Risk Management Framework (RMF) in accordance with DHS 4300a and the Alternate Information Systems Security Office ISSO/AISSO mandated security requirements.
o This includes development processes, procedures, practices, and methodologies as prescribed by program ISSO/AISSO
o Engineer shall have access to experts with either Security+ or CISSP certifications
• Participate as a full-fledged agile team member
• Work with AWS Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Services (CloudFormation, VPC, EC2, etc.)
• Have experience of Bash and Ansible languages to help facilitate IaC efforts
• Have experience with RedHat (Linux) operating systems.
• Have experience with operational Kubernetes and Docker.
• Have solid experiences in working in an Agile environment (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe)
• Be very responsive to team communication and engagements.
• Produce deliverables according to the team’s Definition of Done (DoD)
• Analyze, design, develop, troubleshoot, and modify scripts, Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud solutions and infrastructure as code (IaC) to support features and enhancements.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues with AWS cloud and IaC implementations.
• Implement solutions leveraging AWS services including but not limited to EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, Security Groups, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, IAM.
• Develop and enhance Continuous integration, delivery/deployment (CI/CD) solutions including but not limited to source control (Git-based), Build server (Jenkins/Argo CD/Tekton), Provisioning (Ansible, AWS CloudFormation) and Artifact Repositories (Nexus).
• Develop and enhance deployment solutions to ensure containerized clusters (Kubernetes) run at scale.
• Develop security enhancements as directed to meet security requirements.
• Ensure solutions meet quality and security requirements (DevSecOps). Develops security tooling and/or integrates with vulnerability and audit servers.
• May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
Place of Performance/Hours of Operation
• Place of performance will be remote or at the contractor offices supporting schedules of normal operation sometime between 7am-5pm.
• If working from home, it is strongly preferred that you live within a reasonable commute to customer and corporate offices in the DC and NoVA areas.
Strong salaries can be offered, as well as full family-level paid benefits, 8% 401(k), 6 weeks PTO, and extensive flex-time options to name a few.