Our client is a small Digital Signal Processing leader in the Intelligence Community that primes on a variety of DSP programs throughout the US. They are seeking DSP Engineers for immediate, fully funded positions on multiple long-term prime contracts.
As a DSP Engineer, you will develop your own DSP algorithms (digital communications synchronization, modulation / demodulation, detection and estimation of signals in noise, forward error correction, filter design, etc.) and convert those algorithms into deliverable software using C, C++, or FORTRAN. MATLAB and X-Midas may also be involved.
You will work in cutting-edge lab facilities on challenging problems of national security importance. This is an engineering culture where nearly 75% of staff have MS or PhD degrees in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely-related discipline.
Salaries here are strong, and benefits are some of the best you'll find - a 25% 401(k) direct contribution, a configurable individual benefits account, and very strong support for pursuit of advanced degrees, certifications, and training.
As the holder of many sole-source prime contracts, our client makes FIRM offers that do not require interview with the end customer.
The following is required to be considered for these roles:
- US citizenship and a willingness to be sponsored for a federal security clearance
- DSP algorithm experience (equalization, signal detection, demodulation, forward error correction, etc.)
- experience converting DSP algorithms into deliverable code in C, C++, Fortran or other languages
- BS or higher in EE, CS, or related field (MS or PhD preferred)
Experience that is a plus:
- digital modulation (PSK, FSK, QAM, TCM / Trellis, TDMA, CMDA, WCDMA)
- analysis of signal processing performance using simulation environments
- MATLAB or X-Midas experience
- software defined radio (SDR)
- use of machine learning for signal detection
- wireless communications
- cellular standards (2G, 3G, 4G)
- embedded software development
Due to requirements of federal / defense contracts, all candidates must be US citizens. Work locations are in Northern VA, and relocation assistance is available as well.
cjobs-cat:"IT - Software"