Our client is a software product firm that builds cyber and network intelligence products to help Fortune 500 companies and Federal Agencies monitor network activity and provide a complete picture of an organization's network traffic. They utilize advanced Data Science algorithms that sift through every packet that flows through an organization's network, identifying whatever the truth is - emergencies, opportunities, or otherwise. Their solutions scale massively - one of their client engagements involves automatic detection of network anomalies and potential threats to one of the largest networks in the world - nearly 13% of the entire internet.
They are seeking a Software Engineer who can work across all architectural tiers to join their product development team in Silver Spring, MD. In this role, you’ll be responsible for providing technical guidance and expert development skills to the product development team at all project phases, from ideation to implementation and into production. You will also work in close collaboration with the Services Group to help lead the development and delivery of innovative, cutting-edge solutions and analytics to address our clients’ mission critical needs. The tech stack includes Rust, Python, Spark, Docker, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud for cloud components, OSX and AWS for development platforms, and a wide set of customer environments.
Compensation includes a strong base salary (to 125K), performance bonus up to 6% of salary, 6 weeks PTO (includes holidays), 401(k) ranging from 3% - 6% (typically 6%), full benefits plan, paid training, and other benefits.
To be considered for this role, you will need the following:
- B.S. in Computer Science (or similar) and 5+ yrs professional software development
- Strong Pair Programming and Test Driven Development / Unit Testing experience
- Strong overall Agile Software Development process experience
- A breadth of programming experience in both systems and dynamic languages (C/C++, Rust, Python, Ruby, Java, etc.)
- A knowledge of networking
- Ability to teach, support, and grow with your fellow developers using pair programming and agile practices
- US Citizenship
- A willingness to undergo a Secret or Top Secret federal security process over time
This role is located in the Silver Spring, MD area.
cjobs-cat:"IT - Software"