Our client's software development group has a brand new project - converting a successful Autonomous Vehicle R&D prototype into working deployable software. This is a small team (4-5 people), and everyone works from home! The working prototype is in Matlab and Python, so this project involves architecting and designing a distributed application, refactoring the Matlab and Python code into a full Python application, building APIs in C++, and developing web services. The system will run on Linux. They follow Agile software development and utilize Git, Jira, and Confluence. There are two key requirements for this team:
- experience developing distributed software, including web services (any language)
- strong Python development skills
If you know Matlab and C++, that's a plus, but not required. You won't be writing Matlab, but you'll need to quickly learn how to read it to understand the prototype code.
This position comes with a strong salary, based on experience and skill level, plus exceptional benefits:
- 100% company-paid medical/dental/vision for your entire family
- 8% 401(k) match with immediate vesting
- 30 days PTO (vacation + holidays)
- HUGE tuition reimbursement and training allowance
This project is partially funded by a federal program that requires all team members be US Citizens.
cjobs-cat:"IT - Software"