Our client is a prime contractor providing Cloud-Based Analytic Software, Digital Signal Processing (DSP), and Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) solutions to the Intelligence Community and DoD. Their mission-critical, rewarding work includes full-stack development of production-quality software applications, as well as solution prototyping and fielding of their software systems. Their teams are made up of language-agnostic Software Engineers, Cloud Infrastructure / Linux-based DevOps professionals, and DSP Algorithm and Software Developers. Their benefits package is one of the best in the industry and includes a 25% 401K contribution, a configurable individual benefits account, and advanced degree / training / certification funding. Salaries are also strong – overall they offer exceptional compensation packages, and they typically make firm offers within 48 hours of a successful interview.
They are seeking a Linux System Administrator to join their team in Fairfax, VA. The ideal candidate would have experience in a traditional bare metal and VM environment, as well as Cloud environments.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Linux operating systems.
- Good knowledge of several scripting languages.
- Knowledge of system security concerns and vulnerabilities.
- Experience with RH Directory Server or FOSS alternatives.
- General understanding of IP networks, switching, subnets and VLANs.
- General understanding of hardware to include Servers, Blade Chassis, Fiber Channels, SANS
- IA certification (Security+ or CISSP).
- GITLAB and Puppet experience.
- GPFS/IBM ESS experience.
- Experience with Cloud Environments and architectures under K8s orchestration.
This work requires an active TS/SCI + CI poly government clearance or above. Most work is performed from client site, but a willingness to travel to customer sites is preferred. Travel usually not to exceed 25%.
cjobs-cat:"IT - Software"