Massive Global Infrastructure Program: Our client architects, designs, builds, maintains, and enhances a global infrastructure for Intel/Defense applications. This is as big and complex as you can get - hosting production applications supporting live missions for almost all identifiable types of "INT", all around the world. Our client built the first version of this 15 years ago to solve a specific problem, it worked extremely well, and it has been expanding ever since. It is flexible enough to host just about anything. The team's charge is to keep current environments running, plan for the future, architect next generation infrastructures, migrate systems without interruption, and continually role in new capabilities and upgrades. This is a fast-paced, mission-focused, passionate team, and the attitude is "Solve today's mission problems and create the right infrastructure to solve tomorrow's!" People here are real enthusiasts, and most have systems and racks at home to play with and use to investigate new tech. This organization is very flat with almost zero "management" - everyone contributes, the best ideas win out, people learn together, and you can grow your career and get promoted while remaining fully technical. The tech stack here is large and complex, as you might imagine: thousands of servers, RedHat, CentOS, Juniper and CISCO networks, Virtualization, CephFS, IBM GPFS, SANS, HP and IBM storage, Gluster, Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD pipelines, Puppet, Chef, Bash, Csh, Perl, Python, Ruby, and all sorts of Cloud technologies (not just AWS). This team has opportunities in both Fairfax, VA and Denver, CO, for Linux Systems Administrators and for Network Engineers. Certifications are not strictly required but are highly desired: Security+, CISSP, RedHat, JNCIA / JNCIS / JNCIP / JNCIE, CCNA / CCNP, etc. All roles require US citizenship and a current TS/SCI clearance (CI or FS Poly preferred).
They are seeking Network Analyst/Engineers to join their team in Fairfax, VA.
- Understanding of IP protocols and telecommunication technologies
- Experience in communications or SIGINT systems operations and maintenance
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with the development and application of data analytics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of software programming
- Experienced in LINUX and at least one high level programming language (e.g. Python, C/C++, Java, or Perl).
- Knowledge of communication systems with strengths in layer 2 & 3 protocols and operations for analysis and troubleshooting
- Understanding of Internet routing
- Experience in Digital Forensics of IP networks and associated computer systems
- Experience developing Python scripts to query a relational database like MySQL, manipulate the data, and produce reports
- Experience designing, querying, and managing relational databases like MySQL
- Experience with X-Midas
These roles do require a TS/SCI + FS Poly government clearance.