Our client is a global consulting firm looking to expand their Defense Analytics group. They are seeking talented Data Engineers to create and deploy analytic solutions across multiple intelligence customers. You will have the opportunity to shape the solution at its inception. This work will be located in Washington DC. You can expect a strong compensation package with a high base + signing bonus + stock. There is also the potential for some remote days for this team.
As a Data Engineer you will need:
- Experience performing quantitative and statistical techniques to identify trends, patterns and correlations
- A strong grasp of ETL, reporting tools, data governance, data warehousing, dimensional modeling and working with structured and unstructured data
- Development experience using Hadoop (HDFS, Hive, HBase, Impala) and/or Spark
- A strong understanding of lambda architectures and stream processing
- Experience with developing solutions on cloud computing services (Azure, AWS, or GCP)
- Database development on rational databases (PostgreSQL, SQL Server) or NoSQL on distributed platforms (HBase, Cassandra)
Due to the nature of this work, US Citizenship is required. This role can support a Secret level or above government clearance, but a TS/SCI is preferred.