Our clients are looking for top Software Engineers and Technical Professionals to support a fully-funded, critical Intel & DoD program. Engineers on this mission are solving some of the biggest problems facing National Security and receiving strong benefits: stellar medical plans with 100% paid premiums, beefy retirement contributions, and plenty of good technical work. Many companies claim these attributes, but the ones that back it up are few and far between - our clients check all those boxes. Founded and run by engineers, they've grown by meeting and hiring other talented engineers with a goal to provide the ideal workplace to support the mission.
They are seeking sharp, talented DevOps SAs to join their team for several newly-awarded, long-term projects. This role will support a large software development program that develops, operates, and maintains mission critical enterprise capabilities. Their talented team applies Agile methodology, DevOps principles and behavior and test-driven development practices. The program provides developmental support for existing mission systems in parallel with efforts that develop and deliver modernized cloud native, microservice-based products. Their team uses Agile methodology and DevOps principles to support tactical engineering activities (technical design/review, technical planning and capability development) and provide management of milestone requirements throughout the systems engineering life cycle using Jira.
Our Client's environment not only encourages you to learn new, emerging technologies to expand your skill set; it also provides you with opportunity to share your knowledge with their team of elite professionals in a mission-focused environment. You can expect to provide essential IT and MIS guidance, re-engineer & develop new, enterprise-wide processes and serve as one of the lead consultants on a high-visibility program that provides essential services for safety and security of our nation.
Need to haves:
- BS and 10+ years of experience with Systems Administration (Linux)
- Experience with Java programming and scripting languages (Groovy, Ruby, Python)
- Experience with Dataflow Management (JMS, Active MQ, Niagrafiles), containerization (Docker, Kubernetes), Automation (Shell Scripting, Cron, Kickstart)
- Experience with Software Build and packaging and deployment tools (Jenkins, Puppet, Gradle, Ansible, Helm) and Operational monitoring (Prometheus/Grafana)
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with Messaging Technologies (Pulsar and Kafka), No-SQL and SQL databases (Bookkeeper, Zookeeper, MongoDB) and testing/integration
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira), and Agile/SCRUM methodology
US Citizenship and an active TS/SCI + FS Poly clearance are required. Worksites are in the Annapolis Junction, MD area.