Our client boldly operates at the mission's edge, aligning innovation and cutting-edge technologies to provide high-caliber Software Development, Systems Engineering, Cyber/SIGINT and R&D solutions for some of the toughest problems facing our national security. Their people-centered mindset and enduring dedication to their employees has made them a celebrated workplace for over ten years! As one of the premier contractors in the DoD space, they have a robust portfolio of work (6+ PRIME contracts, 50+ subcontracts) and a long-term strategy for growth.
Coupled with open, transparent management and a massively diverse set of program opportunities they've built a team of exceptional engineers that they truly value and consider family. They fully support employee career ambitions, passions and personal interests and offer robust training programs/career coaching to make sure their folks have the growth and support they crave. They do all they can to ensure their employees have a healthy work/life balance and offer competitive compensation, 10% 401k, fully-funded HSAs, and over 7 WEEKS of PTO. They are also some of the nicest people we've met - one conversation and you'll understand why so many people love working with them!
They are seeking highly skilled and experienced technical leaders to join their team as Associate Director for AI/ML and Computational Modeling. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company and help shape the future of computational science with their cutting-edge R&D team in Dayton, OH.
- Lead the development of new programs and products in the areas of modeling and simulation, computational automation, autonomy, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and software development.
- Work across divisions to harness the company's current expertise in these areas.
- Identify and evaluate new opportunities in these areas.
- Develop and deliver training tools to assist others.
For consideration, you will need:
- Ph.D. in science or engineering (or equivalent experience)
- 5-7 years of experience in data science and machine learning
- Working knowledge of a wide variety of computational disciplines
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of software development methodology and tools
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary and innovative team environment
U.S. citizenship and willingness/ability to obtain Secret clearance is required.
Work will be performed at the Air Force Research Lab at Wright Patterson AFB / Dayton, Ohio area; relocation assistance is available.
If you're looking for a great opportunity to make a meaningful impact through research, this is the place for you!