Our client is a proven and trusted partner to its government clients and has a deep foothold in the IC/DoD. They prime and support over a dozen contracts across multiple agencies within the US Government. They offer competitive salaries, benefits (health, 401K, PTO, Professional Development, etc), and firmly believe that their employees are their best asset. Here, you can expect exciting missions, talented colleagues, and a supportive environment that fosters development and career growth. If you’re looking for a new chapter in your career with a fantastic company, this is a great place to start! They are looking for a Cyber Network Defense Analyst to join their team.
You can expect to:
- Monitor critical Cybersecurity Defense networks and missions networks and help improve overall system security
- Assist in coordinating and executing improved monitoring and intrusion analysis across mission infrastructure in support of the Cybersecurity Defense Directorate.
- Analyze network architecture, identify network devices, determine network vulnerabilities and recommend remediation.
- Use network analysts and collection tools like Bro IDS, Nessus vulnerability scanner, Snort, tcpdump, and Splunk to perform continuous monitoring, intrusion analysis, and reporting.
- Work alongside other CSD Computer Network Defense analysts to expand team knowledge and skills.
- BS +16 years experience, 5 with software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers and IAT level I certification
Nice to haves:
- Experience with network devices (routers, switches, firewalls, etc.) and network discovery/monitoring techniques
- Experience conducting vulnerability assessments using network tools (Wireshark, tcpdump, CloudShark, etc.)
- Experience with network mapping diagrams (netViz, Visio, etc.), Splunk and Splunk analysis techniques and Linux commands for working with devices
This position requires US citizenship and an active TS/SCI with a polygraph for consideration. Worksite is in the Laurel, MD area. Telework is not an option at the moment.