Our client is a certified woman owned small business established in 2015 specializing in data science and analytic development, DevOps, and software development supporting the IC/DoD and commercial businesses. Rapidly growing, this company offers compelling benefits (100% Medical/Dental/Vision, 6% 401K, 4 weeks PTO, 5k+ training) and healthy salaries for highly qualified candidates.
They are seeking an experienced Data Scientist to join their talented team. They are using industry-leading and cutting-edge data mining and analytics systems to support crucial missions that have a direct impact on national security. You can expect to utilize your expertise in ML, statistical data analysis, and predictive analytics to find complex solutions for various DoD customers. Prior experience with imagery or geospatial sensor data is helpful, but not necessary. This opportunity requires at least a secret clearance and US Citizenship. Uncleared candidates can be sponsored for clearance, as it is not required to start.
For consideration, qualified candidates should have:
- BS or MS and 8+ years of experience
- Experience with machine learning, data mining, dimensionality reduction, and related analytics methods (e.g., clustering, sequences, networks, time series, deep learning, regression analysis, time series, probabilistic models, supervised classification and unsupervised learning, statistical analytics, etc.)
- Ability to conduct analysis and orchestration of a large volume of diverse data sets
- Experience with Imagery and Geospatial data
- Strong mathematical background and programming experience with Python, R and their data science libraries
- Familiar with scalable distributed data processing, management, and visualization tools (e.g. Hadoop, ELK, Kafka, Accumulo, graph databases, etc.) and distributed computing frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, Spark)
US Citizenship is required and candidates with an active federal security clearance (Secret to FS Poly) are highly desired. Worksite is in the Linthicum Heights, MD area.