Our client boldly operates at the mission's edge, aligning innovation and cutting-edge technologies to provide high-caliber Software Development, Systems Engineering, Cyber/SIGINT and R&D solutions for some of the toughest problems facing our national security. Their people-centered mindset and enduring dedication to their employees has made them a celebrated workplace for over ten years! As one of the premier contractors in the DoD space, they have a robust portfolio of work (6+ PRIME contracts, 50+ subcontracts) and a long-term strategy for growth.
Coupled with open, transparent management and a massively diverse set of program opportunities they've built a team of exceptional engineers that they truly value and consider family. They fully support employee career ambitions, passions and personal interests and offer robust training programs/career coaching to make sure their folks have the growth and support they crave. They do all they can to ensure their employees have a healthy work/life balance and offer competitive compensation, 10% 401k, fully-funded HSAs, and over 7 WEEKS of PTO. They are also some of the nicest people we've met - one conversation and you'll understand why so many people love working with them!
They are seeking highly experienced scientists and engineers to lead the development of innovative technologies as Technology Development Manager for a major, cutting-edge R&D project in Dayton, OH. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company that is shaping the future and has the potential to benefit society.
- Lead the development of emerging technologies from TRL 2-3 to TRL 4-6+.
- Identify promising technologies and create robust test plans to demonstrate them under "use" conditions.
- Present meaningful data to potential customers.
- Identify market segments with needs for such technologies and customers who may benefit by their introduction.
- Lead and grow a group of scientists and technicians.
- Identify outside funding sources and write grant proposals.
For consideration, you will need:
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical or Biomedical Engineering or related field of study.
- 10-15 years of related experience, with at least 5 years of supervisory/management experience.
- Proven experience with successfully developing early to late stage technology.
- Proven experience with securing funding, proposal and grant writing.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (up to 10%).
U.S. citizenship and willingness/ability to obtain Secret clearance is required.
Work will be performed at the Air Force Research Lab at Wright Patterson AFB / Dayton, Ohio area; relocation assistance is available.
If you're looking for a great opportunity to make a meaningful impact through research, this is the place for you!